Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Does This Look Like Athlete's Foot to You?

As a pharmacist, at least once a year, usually on the most sweltering day of the summer, I have the unique pleasure of having someone standing before my consultation window, bracing their weight on the counter as they wiggle out of their shoe, bending down to remove their sock, then placing their nasty, sweaty, naked-ass foot RIGHT ON THE COUNTER and saying, in a Deliverance-esque accent..."Does this look like athelete's foot to you?" And believe me, it does, and I don't need to see it. I can help you just fine by asking you about your symptoms and recommending an OTC treatment. I don't need the fungus-among-us cultivating on my counter. I am armed with Isopropyl Alcohol and Lysol, and I am just waiting for your ass to hurry up and pay for that Lamisil so I can sanitize that counter all the way into next week. I actually prefer the ample bosomed ladies lifting up eight pounds of braless tit to show me the fungal rash they've got going on under there. Why? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T TOUCH MY COUNTER!

1 comment:

  1. I got a rash on my arm after gardening. Since I read pharmacy blogs (but I am not in the medical field), I told the pharmacist about the rash and then asked, "Do you want to see it?" He did say yes, but only looked at it for about 5 seconds. I knew better than to just whip it out first and then ask questions.

    It is posts like this that teach me how to behave in the pharmacy so that I do NOT become blog material. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete